Makers Lodge Project of the Month for October 2023
Jackets and Sweaters
Knitting and Crochet
Prize: $20 Gift Card
Prize: $20 Gift Card
Jacket Sewing Pattern Recommendations:
1) Octave by Love Notions (Adult)
2) Timeless Trench by Ellie and Mac (Adult)
3) Forrester by Twig and Tale (Adult)
4) Tania Coatigan by Jalie (Children and Adult)
Hoodies and Sweaters Sewing Pattern Recommendations:
1) Milly by Sinclair Patterns (Adults)
2) Reed by Petite Stitchery (Adults and Children)
3) Pinnacle Pullover by PeekaBoo Patterns (Children)
4) Walker by Sinclair Patterns (Adult)
5) Monterey by Sinclair Patterns (Adult)
6) Frederic by Jalie (Children and Adult)
Knitting Pattern Recommendations:
Crochet Pattern Recommendations:
- Wool Boucle: This thick and warm, 100% wool option makes a beautiful and warm jacket. We recommend lining for this option.
- Granny Squares: A thick and textured fabric for a great on trend jacket! We recommend lining this one as well.
- Lining: Darrell Thomas Textiles (https://darrellthomas.com/) is close by and carries fantastic jacket lining options!
- Buttons: Darrell Thomas Textiles (https://darrellthomas.com/) is THE place to go for buttons in the area. Shop their amazing selection!
- Bamboo/Cotton Stretch Fleece: This cozy on the inside fabric is so nice to sew with, comes in 11 beautiful colours, and is a favourite here! (4 colours of exact match ribbing)
- Bamboo/Cotton French Terry: This fabric has good stretch, is soft, and comes in 14 awesome colours! (6 colours of exact match ribbing)
- French Terry: There are lots of patterned french terry fabrics in stock that make great sweatshirts!
- Large Loop French Terry and matching rib knit.
- Sweat Fleece
- Juniper Moon Farms: Herriot
- Noro: Madara
- Noro: Haunui and Haunui Silk
- Malabrigo: Rios
- Estelle Yarns: Silk Harmony
- Ella Rae: Rustic Aran
- Estelle Yarns: Alpaca Merino
- Ella Rae: Eco Tweed Chunky
- Juniper Moon Farms: Beatrix
- Ella Rae: Silky Kid Mohair
All sewing space bookings are great times to work on your POM!
Oct 6th – Hoodie Sewing Time.
Oct 7th – Reed by Petite Stitchery Sewing Time
Oct 20th and 21st – Jacket Studio Sew-In Mini Retreat
All Tuesday and Friday Open Stitch Times can be used to work on POMs around the community table.
Oct 3rd – Yarn picking, winding and cast-on night!
Entries to the POM Prize
Regardless of which POM you choose to participate in (or both!), make sure you remember to post your project to social media for a chance to win! All posts that meet the criteria will be entered for a chance to win the prize for that POM.
1) Materials for the POM must be purchased from Makers Lodge to qualify (notions and tools are exempted). Fabrics this month may also be purchased at Darrell Thomas Textiles to be eligible for the prize.
2) Each post must tag Makers Lodge appropriately (Facebook: tag Makers Lodge; Instagram: tag @makerslodgecp AND tag us in your photo; for both, use hashtags #makerslodgecp #makerslodgepom). You may also enter by posting to the Makers Lodge: Virtual Makespace group on Facebook.
3) Posts must be made by November 5th, 2023.
4) Prizes and contest are in no way affiliated with Facebook or Instagram.