Makers Lodge Project of the Month for July and August
Yarny POM (July and August): Shawls
Prize - $50 Gift Card
July Fabric POM: Rompers and Jumpsuits
Prize - Measuring Tool
August Fabric POM: Free Choice
Prize - A PomPom
August Sewing POM update: We are switching to a free choice, but since we planned for Hats and beanies, any Hat or Beanie is worth 2 entries for the prize!
For the summer months we will take a small break on the Laser POM and switch gears to get the new website the information it needs from those who matter most – our clients and community!
This is a bit of a special request to build on a project the Makers Lodge Team worked hard on through May and June!
We rebuilt the website, and we have lost all of our reviews! We would love it if you would take a moment to write a review on the new website 🙂
For each review written on a product, service, or on google, an entry will be granted to win a $50 gift card to Makers Lodge.
The draw will take place on September 6th.
Why we are so excited about this summer-long Yarny Pom:
- A double month POM to tackle a larger project
- A great piece ready in time for fall
- Shawls are an awesome addition to a wardrobe that can showcase hand knits in a modern way
- A project that fits comfortably in lap and is not too hot to hold in warm weather
- Provides a great project and chance to relax on those well deserved holidays
- Two months gives extra drop in times for community knitting
- There are SO many great ways to get creative here! While we have some options to take the scary decisions part away, you really can tackle anything with this one!
- Shawls are a great way to learn and practice knitting and crochet- they do not need to “fit” and there are a LOT of stitches in these light weight options.
1) Manos del Uruguay – Fino Shadow Shawl by Fairmount Fibers Design Studio. Free Pattern
2) Dream Ridges Shawlette by Kelene Kinnersly. Paid Pattern
1) Summer Morning by Yulia Tkachenko. Free Pattern
2) Lovella by Ambah O’Brian. Paid Pattern
3) Stormy Sky Shawl. Free Pattern
4) Tunusian Crochet: Find the Path Shawl by TheCraftyCrocheter. Paid Pattern
5) The Convergence Shawl by The Craft Crochetier. Paid Pattern
Come on into the studio to shop for yarns, needles, pick your pattern and get started! We host open fibre crafting times on Tuesday and Friday evenings, and Saturdays during the day.
Focused Shawl time – Tuesday July 4th, 5:30-9pm and Saturday July 22nd 10-4pm
Rompers and Jumpsuits Information
1) Sirocco Jumpsuit by Deer and Doe
2) Margo Romper by Sustainable Cloth Co.
3) Lulu Faux Wrap Top, and Romper by Sinclair
1) Sirocco- this one needs a fairly stable knit – the solid french terry would work well for this. Ponte would also be a good choice, and you can even use a jersey for the top.
2) The other rompers use a more drapey jersey- the new viscose or viscose linen jerseys would be great options.
1) Peekaboo Patterns, Cozy Kid Coverall
3) Poppy Monroe, Roller Romper *This is a local designer*
3) Alleycat Romper (This one is no longer available to buy but I’m guessing many already own it)
1) Purl Soho – Summer Kids Romper (free)
1) French terry (any in stock)
2) Jersey (any in stock) for a lighter weight romper
3) Ramie Linen for a woven romper!
In Studio POM time
Join us in studio to work on your jumpsuit or romper in a community setting!
Friday July 21st: 10-5pm or 5:30-9pm
Saturday July 29th: 10-5pm
August POM- Free Choice!
August POM Bonus- Studio Time
Let’s see any project you have completed with Makers Lodge Fabrics!!
With your posts this month, we challenge you to celebrate the sewing process- share your favourite part of sewing! That point in a project when your heart says “Yes! I get to do ______!”
Also this month is a greaaaat time to post those POMs from the last few months that jussssst didn’t get finished on time!
And lastly, since we had originally planned for hats and beanies – any hats or beanies completed and posted this month will qualify for 2 entries!
This month we have a few extra special options for bonus POM points!
1) Two sewing sessions for focused sew time: Making Tiered dresses with Christine! This is a very beginner casual “class” in which we go through the steps of making a free pattern tiered dress. Aug 11th daytime and August 19th daytime. Sign up for the daytime sewing time with either BYOMachine or ML serger/machine.
2) Any sewing bookings this month will qualify for a free sewing day space! (draw to take place September 5th)