Makers Lodge Project of the Month for September
September Yarny POM - Slippers
Prize - $10 Makers Lodge Gift Card
September Sewing POM - Dresses
Prize - $10 Makers Lodge Gift Card
September is almost here, and with it comes SLIPTEMBER. Sliptember has been a staple here at Makers Lodge for many years. It all started with the Log Life Handmade slippers, and every year we have done something to celebrate these slippers, since they are at the very heart of Makers Lodge!
This month’s POM is going to feature 2 main slipper patterns: crochet Sheepskin Sole Slippers and knit Pocketbook Slippers.
1) Pocketbook Slippers – there are free patterns available on Ravlery. Search “pocket slippers”.
2) We have a pattern available in studio that covers a variety of sizes in studio. Stop by to pick up a printed pattern.
5) Noro Madara
1) Log Life Handmade Sheepskin Sole Slippers
Check out these videos that cover everything about making your slippers.
1) Cascade Yarns Magnum (suitable for 3-6 months and up)
2) Colour Story Handpainted Bulky (suitable for 3-6 months and up)
3) DHG Piuma XL (suitable for 3-6 months and up)
4) Cascade Yarns Spuntaneous (for baby and toddler sizes)
2) Katia Love Wool (for baby and toddler sizes)
3) Malabrigo Rasta (for baby and toddler sizes)
4) Malabrigo Noventa (suitable for newborn to 0-3 months)
5) Cascade Yarns Lana Grande (suitable for newborn to 0-3 months)
6) Manos del Uruguay Franca (suitable for newborn to 0-3 months)
7) Katia Nomada (suitable for newborn to 0-3 months)
These slippers will require additional materials. You can buy pre-cut/punched slippers in store and online. We also sell all the materials to make your own slippers from scratch! You can add leather soles for extra durability.
In Studio Yarny POM Time
Come on into the studio to shop for yarns, needles, pick your pattern and get started! We host Open Stitch Times on Tuesday and Friday evenings, and Saturdays during the day.
Slipper making drop in September 19th, 1-9pm. There will be help for crocheting slippers, sheepskin for making soles, and more slipper fun!
Slipper Class: Tuesday 19 September from 6:00-9:00pm. Book your spot on our website under Booking.
For all those parents out there with school photos just around the corner, this is the perfect time to whip up a quick dress for your wee one! Or take the time and treat yourself or your loved one to a lovely handmade dress.
This month for the adult dress patterns, we don’t have a specific recommended pattern. The choice is yours!
Pictured above is Katherine Bieniek in her Tulip Tee Dress Hack using Hemp Jersey.
2) Hemp Jersey (excellent for t-shirt dresses)
4) Ecoviscose (for wovens)
In Studio Sewing POM Time
We always have our sewing spaces available to book throughout the month. Check out our website for available times. These times are perfect for a self-starter or experienced sewist.
For a focused time to work on your dress POMs, we will be hosting our POM time on Friday 1 September 5:30pm – 9:00pm, and Saturday 2 September 9:00am – 4:00pm. For this time, you will need to book as a regular sewing day on our website.
Come on out to experience sewing in a community setting!
Entries to the POM Prize
Regardless of which POM you choose to participate in (or both!), make sure you remember to post your project to social media for a chance to win! All posts that meet the criteria will be entered for a chance to win the prize for that POM.
1) Materials for the POM must be purchased from Makers Lodge to qualify (notions and tools are exempted).
2) Each post must tag Makers Lodge appropriately (Facebook: tag Makers Lodge; Instagram: tag @makerslodgecp AND tag us in your photo; for both, use hashtags #makerslodgecp #makerslodgepom). You may also enter by posting to the Makers Lodge: Virtual Makespace group on Facebook.
3) Posts must be entered by October 5th, 2023.
4) Prizes and contest are in no way affiliated with Facebook or Instagram.