THIS IS AN IN PERSON CLASS
November 19th 9 am-12 pm
Makers Lodge: 428 Ramsay Concession 8, Carleton Place
This course will be taught by Lindsay from Weaving Wishes.
This is a beginners course, no prior experience needed. This course is not recommended for children, we recommend students are 16 years or older.
Course Materials Included:
- Roving braid
Course Materials Required:
- Drop Spindle (you can purchase one from Makers Lodge and pick up at the class)
You will learn:
- introduction to using a drop spindle
- spinning fibre into yarn singles
- how to ply and finish your yarn
We will also cover (equipment availability dependent):
- Fibre prep
- Creating a batt
- blending fibre
- make your own batt (purchase separately by weight in class)
This course will be held on the upper level of the Makers Lodge Studio. There is a modern composting toilet washroom on the main level. If accessibility is a concern, there is a main level space available for use.
Coffee/tea/soda are available.
Bookings are non-refundable but can be transferred to another maker.